This summer, Vocational Guidance Services is offering a youth work experience program. The program provides high school students and recent graduates with disabilities an opportunity to earn a paycheck while learning valuable workplace skills.
Session 1: June 6 – July 8, 2022
Session 2: July 18 – August 19, 2022
Students can gain entry-level and part-time work experience (12-20 hours/week) by participating in a 5-week Summer Youth Work Experience program. Each student will have the support of a VGS Job Coach who is available on-site during all work hours to provide guidance and go over progress daily.
Job placements are available in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula, and Franklin counties.
Work experience offered in the following areas:
- Custodial services
- Food service
- Supply chain
Participate in the Summer Youth Work Experience program as an Employer Partner to provide job opportunities for high school students and recent graduates with disabilities.
Benefits of being an Employer Partner with VGS:
- VGS covers all wages and workers’ compensation
- VGS Job Coach is on-site at all times
- Workers’ weekly hours are a minimum of 12 hours, and a maximum of 20 hours
- Provide opportunity for high school student(s) to gain tangible work experiences for five weeks
- Add a valued member to your workplace team
- Opportunity to hire permanently after work experience
Hiring Job Coaches Now!
Do you enjoy creating opportunities for others and helping them succeed? As a Job Coach, you will guide high school students with disabilities on their employment journey through a 5-week Summer Youth Work Experience program.
- Track progress and provide support as high school students with disabilities learn workplace skills at their temporary summer job placement
- 5-10 weeks of seasonal part-time work (12-20 hours/week)
- Go through a well-developed training program prior to beginning field placement
- Opportunity to transition into permanent position
- Earn credit for college internship coursework
- Experience working with people of different backgrounds
- Excellent note-taking and organizational skills
- Desire to help others succeed
- Experience working in retail, supply chain, food service, or custodial services a plus
- Some college or Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required; all are encouraged to apply
- Job coaching experience is not required; training will be provided
For more information, contact Mark Zeller, VGS Business Engagement Specialist at MarkZeller@vgsjob.org or call (216) 482-7596.